Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Walnut Creek Surf Soccer Club realizes that the traditional and historical manner by which we would normally form teams may not be available to our competitive program. We’ve already postponed May tryouts and are awaiting NorCal Premier’s decision if there will be a finalized tryout window for clubs in Region 3, including us. Currently, Contra Costa County is under mandated Shelter In Place orders. Though the state and county are starting to prepare for “opening the state up”, club’s like ours and throughout the NorCal Premier region 3 are developing other solutions for players and formation of teams for the 2020/21 season. Historically, NorCal Premier sets a “tryout window” in the spring, which is tentatively scheduled for June 6th-26th and has yet to be formally confirmed by their Board of Directors.
Due to both the impact of Covid-19, and the yet-to-be approved tryout window by NorCal Premier, we are uncertain if and when we’ll be able to execute traditional tryouts. Thus, after careful and thoughtful consideration, WC Surf has decided to offer ALL current WC Surf SC competitive players a roster spot for the next season (2020/21) without a traditional tryout. We have provided an outline of our plan below, and hope you will take a moment to familiarize yourself with the details.
As of 6/15/20 -
Step 2 of our roster formation will commence the week of June 15th. Those players that successfully registered during the step1 stage, will be sent a step2 registration link during the upcoming week. The step2 registration includes US Club Soccer registration, HeadsUp Concussion notice, Emergency Contact updates, Payment, Player&Parent agreement, Uniform/Training Kit update, and related information. An email that includes the Sports Engine registration link will be sent directly to those players that qualify for this final stage of team formation.
Walnut Creek Surf SC Recreation and Select players who are interested in the competitive program may join open trainings/tryouts during the Club's return to play phase (dates TBD). More information, based on the CCC Health Department, State and CDC, will be announced as it becomes available. Register HERE
(CONTACT DOC FOR INTEREST IN OUR COMPETITIVE TEAMS AND ROSTER AVAILABILITY - AS OF 6/13/20)
Players who are not currently rostered to a team within our Club, who would like to join open trainings/tryouts, and have yet to commit to a club, may register HERE for our open trainings/tryouts. Once we are allowed to return to play, and only during the approved NorCal Premier tryout window will we allow players new to the Club, to be able to join our field sessions.
*Due to current CCC Health Dept - 12person cohort required - including other summer camp guidelines. Club unable to offer traditional open trainings with contact at this time. Club making adjustments to continue player and coach safety, while providing evaluations in social distance setup.
2013/14 Academy players register HERE for upcoming evaluations for the 2020/21 season.