2018 U8 Academy Program (2011/2012 birth year)
2018 Identification Dates---Girls & Boys are now at the same time
- May 11 & May 18, 4pm-5pm Arbolado Park upper soccer fields
- Late May/early June until early November
- 2 practices a week from professional trainers with designed breaks and scrimmages throughout the season
- 8-10 league games are played in the fall on Saturdays/Sundays in the local East Bay area (San Ramon, Danville, Livermore, Fremont).
- Professional WCSC Trainers at all trainings
- Proven advantage in developing young talent
- WCSC Trainers are licensed, fingerprinted, and background checked.
- $430 Registration Fee: Covers costs of fields, registration, operations staff, and equipment.
- $400 Training Fee: Covers costs of the professional training/coaching.
- $TBD Competitive Uniforms-
- All U8 aged players will make the Academy.
- The group will start out in one large pool and will be divided by the trainers based on the best environment for player development.
- Each family is required to fill the following mandatory positions on your team; manager, treasurer, parent assistant coach (chosen by trainer). Other jobs include: team bench, social coordinator(s), fundraising coordinator, apparel coordinator, and tournament coordinator.
- ALL U8 aged players will make the Academy. We strive to keep all age groups in the Competitive Program “age pure”, but have guidelines in place for playing up.
- Apply online to attend the ID sessions.
- Attend the ID dates to see if the competitive program / U8 Academy is right for your child.
- Attend the ID sessions and be in the top 3 of the U8 player pool. U7 age players are able to tryout for the U8 Academy, but must attend at least one of the ID dates and must be recommended by the trainer to the U8 program.
- DOC approval.