Parent Code of Conduct
Thank you for being a member of the Walnut Creek Surf Soccer Club. Below is our Parent Code of Conduct, so please make sure to read through and understand that this is a condition for participation in WCSSC.
- I agree to present myself as a positive role model while representing WCSSC at any soccer game, tournament or training session.
- I agree to support all players at any team game, tournament or training session. I will respect the fact that this game is for the players, and will only provide positive communication from the sideline.
- I will refrain from any form of negative communication or confrontation with the opposing team’s parents, coaches and players.
- I will refrain from coaching my own or any other child during the course of a game or at training.
- I will refrain from communicating with the referees before, during and after any game. As a parent, I will not question calls of the referee under any circumstance.
- I am committed to make every effort to get my child to all trainings, games, and team events.
- I will discuss any constructive concerns I have about players or the program in the following order: Coach first, Director of Coaching second, General Manager, third and finally with the club’s Grievance Committee. I understand that the coaches, managers and directors are dedicated to providing a quality soccer experience through training and team events.
- In the event an issue or concern is not addressed or special circumstances deem it needs to be brought to the attention of the club’s General Manager or a member of the Board or Committee, I will contact club General Manager or member who will assist in addressing my concern as noted in the “Complaint Process” in Appendix A of the WCSC League Policies, Rules, and Regulations.
- As a parent, I will respect the coaching staff during all games and trainings. I will never question, discuss or confront the coach during or right after any game. I understand that a ’24 hour’ cooling off period is in effect and that I will only approach the coach staff after 24 hours. I further understand that I will encourage my child to first approach the coach to discuss any on-field issues. Should this not resolve the issue, I will request a parent/player/coach meeting.
- I will abide by the WCSSC League Policies, Rules, and Guidelines and WCSC Competitive Rules and Guidelines.
I agree that if I fail to abide by any of the rules listed above that I may be subject to, but not limited by the following disciplinary action:
- Verbal or written warning
- Suspension from attending games, tournaments and trainings from the WCSSC Disciplinary Committee. Expulsion from the team/club (Management Committee vote)